Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Little Girl Crochet Handwarmers


I finally did it!  I wrote my first ever crochet pattern!  I tried to find a free online pattern that worked well, but none were satisfactory (to me), so I wrote my own!  Please feel free to use this pattern for yourself, but do not redistribute without permission.  It is my original pattern - Give credit where credit is due!






This pattern fits my daughters' hands (ages 2 and 5) perfectly.

Materials:
Size K (6.5mm) crochet hook. 
Worsted weight yarn (4)(color of your choice)
Large eyed blunt needle (for weaving in ends)
Scissors

Abbreviations: 
CH = chain
SL ST = slip stitch
HDC = half double crochet

CH 18. SL ST into beginning CH.  (taking care not to twist chain)
Round 1:  CH 2. HDC in each CH. SL ST into top of beginning CH2. (18 HDCs)
Round 2:  CH 2. HDC in each HDC. SL ST into top of beginning CH2. (18 HDCs)
Round 3-7: repeat round 2
Round 8 (increase row):  CH 2.  2 HDC in first HDC space. HDC in next 8 HDC spaces. 2 HDC in next HDC space. HDC in next 8 HDC spaces. SL ST into top of beginning CH2.  (20 HDCs)
Round 9:  CH 2. HDC in each HDC.  SL ST into top of beginning CH2.  (20 HDCs)
Round 10 (hole for thumb):  CH 2.  HDC in each HDC around until last 2 HDC spaces. CH 2.  SL ST into top of beginning CH2.  (18 HDCs + 2 CH). 
Round 11:  CH 2. HDC in each HDC around. 1 HDC in both CH spaces (created for thumb hole). SL ST into top of beginning CH2. (20 HDCs). 
Rounds 12 & 13:  CH 2. HDC in each HDC around.  SL ST into top of beginning CH2. (20 HDCs)
Finish off and weave in ends. 

Thumb hole:  make slip knot on hook, attach yarn to 1 stitch using a SL ST.  CH 2.  Create 6-8 HDCs evenly around thumb hole.  

Finish off and weave in ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment